FOREX: Following recent directives from the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), geared towards accommodating all stakeholders in the foreign exchange – FOREX market and increasing its availability to all end-users, customers and other users can now walk into any of Zenith bank branches nationwide to procure FOREX for the purpose of PTA and BTA at the following exchange rates:
USD at N358/$
EUR at N405.12/€
GBP at N468.78/£
The requirements for each category are as follows:
- PERSONAL TRAVEL ALLOWANCE (PTA)
- Applicants shall be eighteen (18) years of age and above.
- Applicants could be account holders or non-account holders in the bank
- Applicants shall be holders of valid Nigerian International Passport.
- Applicants shall have valid visa of the country of destination.
- Applicants shall have a return air ticket.
- PTA shall only apply to journeys of not less than five (5) hours flight time.
- The flight must originate from Nigeria.
- Sales of PTA shall be for travel to be undertaken not more than 14 days from the day of the purchase of PTA.
- Applicants shall present verifiable BVNs to their bankers.
- Applicants shall be entitled to $4,000.00 per quarter.
- BUSINESS TRAVEL ALLOWANCE (BTA)
In addition to the conditions stated above for PTA, kindly note the following additional requirements for BTA:
- A company can buy up to 5,000 US Dollars per quarter
- Certificate of Incorporation.
- Letter of invitation from the company abroad.
- Letter of nomination from the Nigerian company