Hours ago, news broke that a Redeemed Christian Church of God, RCCG, gospel minister identified as Michael Arowosaiye, has committed suicide.
According to his friend, the incident happened around 4p.m. on Tuesday, May 14, 2019, at Sunnyvale Estate. The deceased hanged himself with his belt.
RCCG has now reacted to the claims. Apparently, Micheal is not a minister at the church as widely reported.
RCCG in a detailed message, as reported by Kemi Filani News, wrote below:
Latest findings on Michael Arowosaiye:
- He was not a member of The Redeemed Christian Church of God but member of Shepherds House (Pst Joshua Telina)
- He was only invited to minister at a RCCG programme, which is a common practice within the Christian family to invite music Ministers across denominations and help push their musical careers and creating platforms for expressions for their gifts.
- He was the music director of Choir 2 in Shepherds House. They have two choirs.
- He had been living in a house owned by a member of Shepherds House, but the member sold the house.
- He was supposed to get married recently, but the wedding was cancelled.
- Reason for cancellation of the wedding even after invitation cards were out, according to findings, is that another girl in the choir claimed that he also proposed to her too.
- Complications from the cancellation of the wedding, coupled with his accommodation issue possibly led to chains of events that led him to committing suicide.
We still want security agencies to investigate and establish it was truly a suicide, because we still suspect murder.
Could it be someone somewhere is taking advantage of the whole situation and trying to paint “suicide”?
- Could it be that he had some information that someone somewhere never wanted it out and wanted him out of the scene by all means?
Could it be that depression made him to give in to strange thoughts and his village people took advantage of the situation and told him to kill himself?
That lady that said “he proposed to her too”, should be investigated too.
May His Soul find rest!